Wednesday, April 20, 2011

C. Donald Beckman is in Heaven

Don Beckman was my friend.  Today, he is in heaven.

Don laid tens of thousands of bricks during his career as a mason.  He worked hard, loved long, remained unmoved when it was important, changed when God convinced his heart.

Don snoozed through many of my sermons between 1982 and 1993.  Working long hours in outdoor air meant the eyes might droop when sitting in a warm inside.  No matter.  At the door of the Mountain View Church, he made sure just about everyone knew they were welcomed and worth remembering.

Don loved Jesus Christ, the gospel, the church, Beverly, David and his family, Julie and her family.  He loved Colorado, and hard work, and making a difference around the world when he could.

Don is now absent from his well worn body, and present with his well loved Lord.  

We will miss you Don, but we will see you soon.  Thank  you for loving me, my friend, and my bride, and my kids Cameron and Briana.

Welcome home.  Take a well-deserved snooze.

No comments:

Post a Comment