Friday, February 12, 2016

The TEACHING of AFFLICTION - Psalm 119:65-72 (God's Alphabet Song of Truth - Teth) #9

What doesn't kill you makes you stronger
Stand a little taller
Doesn't mean I'm lonely cause I'm alone
What doesn't kill you makes a fighter
Footsteps even lighter
Doesn't mean I'm over cause you're gone

Kelly Clarkson's hit from a couple of years back bullishly boasts a survivor attitude.  A relationship she had counted on, that went south, was hurtful but not fatal.  She was bowed but not broken.  Now, she stands a bit taller, strides with more strength.  She is not "over" simply because a significant someone exited left.


You have dealt with Your Servant, O Lord,
According to Your word.

Teach me good judgment and knowledge,
for I believe in Your commandments.

Before I was afflicted, I went astray,
but now I keep Your word.

You are good, and do good;
teach me Your statutes.

The insolent smear me with lies,
but with my whole heart I keep Your precepts.

Their heart is unfeeling like fat,
but I delight in Your law.

It is good for me that I was afflicted,
that I might learn Your statutes.

The law of Your mouth is better to me
than thousands of gold and silver pieces.

A humility embraced.  Lessons learned.  The unique and unparalleled value of what God prescribes and directs is freshly appreciated.  Affliction..."it was good" for me.  My whole heart is ready to keep what God's wisdom calls for.

Look for the gold and silver lessons in your tough times.  The Lord's investment in your heart and life will pay dividends, when our response is humility.


No comments:

Post a Comment